Monday, February 11, 2013

Get Your Peanuts, Popcorn....

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls....Step right up.  Today was yet another court day and it was very similar to a three ring circus.  And, for what reason?  This was supposed to be a hearing over child support.  One would think that's pretty cut and dry, right?  Has anything in this case been cut and dry?  I think not!  What on earth made me think this would be any different.

It was a new moment for us because we have yet another new Judge.  But, that didn't come without new fears and wondering which way this hearing would pan out.  It started out fairly even kill.  And, then it happened....the jabs, the punches, the devious acts to sneak in any and every past event that has transpired via the other parties "interpretation" all for the listening pleasure of this new Judge.  How it was even allowed to transpire is beyond me but none the less, every jab that the AR courts frown upon was taken in the efforts to make me look bad on the front end.

The result is that it opened up a huge can of worms that I can easily foresee becoming a new motion in the not so distant future....one that clearly already is accompanied by a bias within this courtroom.  But, let's not go there for right now.

Today's end result was a partial win on our parts.  The ex successfully takes more and more away from these kiddos through his voluntary actions.  It saddens me.  It sickens me.  It infuriates me.  And, he smiles. 

The partial win is the fact that it will not be enforced for another 6 months.  That gives us a little bit of a window to get things rolling in my new business and hopefully generate enough to compensate the difference.  The bad news is that due to the order of the last hearing and today's events in addition, I have to come up with some pretty significant funds by the end of March or face the wrath of the court rooms yet again.  In my mind, it seems impossible.  I'm hoping for a miracle and trying to hang on to faith.

I walked away watching my attorney smile in disbelief that we actually got that much considering how things have historically played out in our cases.  And, for me....I didn't experience the "joy" that should accompany a win.  I actually experienced more anger having discovered more of his actions that are clear violations and contempt charges that went unnoticed in this process and question if he will ever be called out on these things within the courts.  How does he consistently get away with so much?  It baffles me.  It floors me.  And, I am so tired!

Shortly after court today a new discovery was made.  And, it's one of those discoveries that could be significant yet given the history and track record has the potential to be overlooked just like everything else.  My prayers are that this will be significant enough to open the eyes of this new Judge.  

In the meantime, I will continue putting one foot in front of the other.  Sometimes, that is all I can do.  And, sometimes....that is enough.




Ezekiel 20:36
As I judged your ancestors in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will judge you, declares the Sovereign Lord.
 
(Even if justice is NEVER served here on earth....each person must one day face the only real "Judge".)

No comments:

Post a Comment