Thursday, March 24, 2011

Too Good to be True?....You Better Believe It!

When it came down to the nitty gritty of the divorce, I had met with the person that would soon become my attorney.  He went over all the paper work with me and told me what could and could not be with our circumstances.  My ex and I decided, given the circumstances, that it would be in our best interest to do the divorce on our own.  It would eliminate finances that we did not have and the time and energy that I certainly did not have to spare.

We disagreed on some areas and made compromises but all in all, we came to terms on everything.  It took quite a bit of time to get there but in some respects it seemed easy....too easy!  You know that saying....and boy does it ever ring true in this case!  The Judge saw nothing out of the ordinary with our papers and the divorce became official.


My ex has this pattern though.  He will say one thing today, and tomorrow or the next day he will change his mind.  He also has some pretty intense anger with the inability to let anything go....ever!  Couple this formula together and you have a ticking time bomb so to say.

Two events took place not long after the divorce:  One involved me upholding the court papers.  That did not set well with him at all.  The other completely baffles me on some levels.  He had been flirting with me ever since the divorce.  I just do not understand this behavior and certainly did not reciprocate.  During one visitation he asked me if I was depressed at all about this divorce.  I refused to discuss this with him even though he kept pushing.

Three days later, a mere 6 weeks after the divorce, I was served!  Yep, the first motion and one of the rarest motions that exists within divorce cases was being presented by the ex in all his glory.  After reading the details which were chopped full of lies and officially hiring my attorney, the journey for the next year and a half and counting began.  And, oh....what a journey it has been thus far.


More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment