Monday, June 4, 2012

A Time for Everything....Even Orange Jumpsuits!

God has this fabulous way of creating exactly what is needed at the best moments.  Today had such the potential to spiral into the lashing of unwanted emotions.  My brain kicked into overload for brief moments, triggered by another one of those "blocks" that led to more heart ache.  I thought back to that moment that I was able to embrace my precious baby upon his return.  I remember thinking I'd never let him go again as I simply held him for hours.

In the midst of the additional "block" today, I long for that moment that I can embrace my other babies and know that they are okay and I pray for them constantly.

In light of so many, many things I was asked this ultimate question on Friday.....Are you willing to go to jail for the sake of your kids?  YES! YES! YES!  was my answer without hesitation.  That is so powerful for this imperfect human.  I strive to live as God would have me to live.  I fall short all the time.  But, there are certain areas in which I am proud of and would not want them to change.  One of those areas is having that 'clean' sheet.  Big surprise, eh?  Hush up all ye sarcastic friends of mine.  ;-)  But, seriously....clean as in nothing, nada,  not so much as a parking ticket.  To get a ding like oh I don't know, an arrest record....well, that would just mortify me.

But, as a parent I have discovered that the things I once clinged to are not nearly as important anymore.  Even a clean record does not carry such a huge weight if you counter it for what is right and was is best for the lives that must be protected.  I certainly would not have ventured into this area without the sound advice of the professionals involved but ultimately it still comes down to my choice and my actions.

I pray that this is not the road I must travel.  And, I pray that if it becomes my reality someone will bail me out.  Orange simply is not my color.  But, I know and feel in my heart that my actions were right.  I have also learned that I am tired of learning right now and would greatly appreciate a break.  ;-)
 
I found the following passage appropriate for today.  Originally, I was only going to post a portion of it but the entire passage was comforting.  There most certainly is a time for everything and I must remember that when those "things" are uncomfortable, unjust, and unholy!  It is I that must remain Christ-like within those difficult moments and trust in God's plan.  For He is perfect and His plan has great purpose.  Thank you, Lord for teachable moments even when I am tired of learning.

Ecclesiastes 3

New International Version (NIV)

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.
What do workers gain from their toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. 13 That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.
15 Whatever is has already been,
    and what will be has been before;
    and God will call the past to account.[b]
16 And I saw something else under the sun:
In the place of judgment—wickedness was there,
    in the place of justice—wickedness was there.
17 I said to myself,
“God will bring into judgment
    both the righteous and the wicked,
for there will be a time for every activity,
    a time to judge every deed.”
18 I also said to myself, “As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath[c]; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”
22 So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?

No comments:

Post a Comment