Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Reflections

As Thanksgiving approaches this week, I wanted to share a little on the beauty of Thanksgiving reflections.  This past year has been full indeed and as I look back I am once again reminded of how God is always at work within our lives.

I stumbled across Plexus near the end of last year, not because of my desire to lose more weight since I had already achieved my first goal.  But, by inquiring to know what it was all about I was invited into a business opportunity that I just could not turn down.  Given the most bizarre of bizarre court cases that places me in a position of being "unable to work a tradition job" right now, this opportunity was all the more inviting.  Who knew then, that a whirlwind of God at work would transpire?!?....

Being an ambassador with Plexus, trying the products to be able to share my experience first hand with others was a must in my book.  And, what happened for me among many others things was a sudden desire and motivation to set new goals and to enter into the world of a gym with a personal trainer.  I was inspired by my love but that desire....that motivation....that energy, this was a result of Plexus.  

I was filled with gratitude upon finding a trainer with a generous heart....one that was willing to work with me on more than one level.  He sticks with me each week, encouraging me, motivating me, challenging me, and helping me to grow.

Near the first of this year an unwelcomed and tragic event took place in my life but I had no idea this would lead to yet more healing and growth in my personal life.  Fully supported by those closest to me and filled with their love and encouragement, I knew that seeking some guidance to walk through the healing process would be important.  Little did I know that this person set out to help in this journey was all a part of God's plan from the beginning.

For those that know and understand this statement....the name Daniel came back into to my life....in God's perfect timing, in His most perfect way.  But, here's the amazing part as I sit and reflect.

This person that became crucial to this process of growth and healing was known and available to me as a result of getting involved in the improvement of my health and seeking out a trainer, an event that transpired as a result of following my intuition and asking some questions to a friend from high school that kept posting about Plexus.  And, while mapped out on a blog this seems short lived....this was a series of events that took a year to transpire fully as I sit here today.

God is always at work and I have been blessed beyond belief by his grace and mercy.  As a result of seeking out this person to walk in this journey with me, I was blessed yet again in some other amazing ways that were so unexpected but also in God's perfect timing.  And, not only that....I have been growing in my walk with God, getting back into the word, and sharing this with another dear friend.

My friends, He is here.  He is everywhere and even in the midst of the most trying situations (much like the trials of this divorce journey that this blog focuses on) He is present.  And, while I do not always understand or feel His presence in every moment I know that He is with me and this gives me the strength to endure, persevere, and press forward.

As a single mom, it takes little to excite me these days.  And, my excitement is ever present right now as I type.  We live a very busy life.  While my kiddos do not have many extra curricular activities, they each have more than one.  Even one would be a lot.  But, I find that we are constantly on the go.  And, when I'm tired or sick or having a difficult day I simply move forward anyway.  But, this week....this week we shall stop!

I am so thankful for this opportunity and about as excited as a school-girl waiting on that call from the popular boy at school!  :)  But, as of Tuesday with one exception that day.....from Tuesday until Saturday we shall unplug.  We are not going anywhere at all.  We are letting go of schedules, routines, and the like.  There will be no school, no activities, no errands....nothing...nada.  And, I can not tell you how exciting this is to me right now!  I am hoping to find rest....true rest and relaxation!  

So, as our day of thanks approaches, I want to say that I am thankful for all of my friends and family that have supported me through it all, encouraged me, prayed for me and with me, and continue to be there to see me through all of life.  My hope is that you will find gratitude in your lives as well and are able to see how God is working for you, in you, and through you.  May you each be blessed this week and throughout the season!

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Hebrews 12:28-29  
28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our “God is a consuming fire.”

No comments:

Post a Comment