Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Eyes on Heaven

I am here and I am breathing and just for today that is all I can do.  My tears have been overflowing and my brain simply can not comprehend the situation.  Thank goodness for friends and prayer and above all else a loving God that embraces me during these difficult trials.

There are many people doing some fancy footwork right now in efforts to see if wrongs can be made right.  Even in the midst of the wrongs that have been made, the endeavor to make it right will likely be an uphill battle and without a true miracle will not prevent further and unnecessary damage and trauma to the innocent.

How is a mother to move forward in such as this?  I sit back and listen to my oldest son who is wise way beyond his years.  I listen to his strong desire to go to Heaven.  How amazing is he that is so on fire he longs to be with Jesus.  If I can maintain that focus, how much better would things be right now?

Yes, we live in an imperfect world filled with pain and sorrow.  Yes, it is temporary.  And, yet it is so difficult to maintain our true purpose when faced with trials that knock us off our feet.  I had a moment, ever so brief in which I was able to simply sit back and say...."Lord, let me continue to shine for you in the process."  Regardless of it all, to hear Jesus say, "Well done my child," would be far greater than anything this earth could possibly offer.

I want to remain faithful.  I want to continue giving it over to Him, and trying not to take it back.  I want to continue doing the right thing when ever fiber in my being is screaming the opposite!  My prayers have steadily increased.  I continue to pray for my children's safety and well being but I am also praying for that urgent miracle!  I am praying for the guidance in how to provide for this travesty as well.  And, I am trying to listen.

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.


1 Chronicles 16:11-13

New International Version (NIV)
11 Look to the Lord and his strength;
    seek his face always.
12 Remember the wonders he has done,
    his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,
13 you his servants, the descendants of Israel,
    his chosen ones, the children of Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment