Sunday, August 26, 2012

Beach Bummed....

The past two weeks have been a little different in our worlds and for the most part, in a good way.  Traditionally, we take a beach trip each year now.  This was started as a result of a very loving friend that "slightly" twisted my arm into doing something that would be good not only for our family unit as a whole but additionally something that would be good for ME.  What a concept, eh?  I'm typically not very good at doing things for myself.  But, one taste of this experience was all I needed.  It really hit home for me and it became "our" gift from then on.  

Unfortunately, due to all of the court may-ham that has been inflicted upon us and all the funding that it requires, our every last pot is gone including our vacation money.  No beach trip for us!  :(  It was heart-breaking to me and I was extremely sad that I could not provide this to my precious kiddos.  But, I decided to do what I could for "our vacation".  Thanks to coupons, memberships, and grandparents we were able to participate in many adventures right here at home.

We spent days fishing, bowling, skating, going to the Discovery Museum, the Zoo, and the Wonder Place.  We had a few movie nights, game nights, and special treat nights.  We truly tried to make the best of what we had in front of us and it was a pure joy to these kids as well as to me having the opportunity to watch them.  I don't think they are nearly as upset about missing the beach as me and that's good.  I may have missed out on the opportunity to get rejuvenated but I am honored to be their Mother and to be able to see the joy on their faces as they explore and grow.

The end of our time was met with one that continues to dictate, demand, and control....something that he finds great pleasure in at this moment.  Our vacation time was cut short per the court order and yet, I have no control over it due to the circumstances.  It was done purely out of a vindictive nature and it tears me up inside.  It continues on today with more demands and more control on such a level that a certain level of harm crosses our paths.  My hope is that the truth will be revealed PRONTO!  Forget soon....I've been hoping for "soon" for 3 years now.  Let's make it PRONTO, for their sakes.

In other news, I did finally take the big plunge and do something for me.  I missed the beach so it had to be "something" right?  I took the big plunge of a first date.  Yep, kind of scary I must admit.  For a long, long time I simply wasn't interested.  But, I finally took that step.  And, a part of the final decision came from a dear friend encouraging me (once again) to do something for ME.  Amazingly, I listened.  Thank you, friend!  

Here's looking for a good week.  May you all be blessed.  Thank you for being a part of the journey with me.

Help me Lord to remember Your words!

Psalm 15

A psalm of David.

Lord, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
    Who may live on your holy mountain?
The one whose walk is blameless,
    who does what is righteous,
    who speaks the truth from their heart;
whose tongue utters no slander,
    who does no wrong to a neighbor,
    and casts no slur on others;
who despises a vile person
    but honors those who fear the Lord;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
    and does not change their mind;
who lends money to the poor without interest;
    who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
Whoever does these things
    will never be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment