Friday, August 31, 2012

The Storm Sets In

I've always heard it said that the storm rages at it's worst right before the calm.  Here I am, Lord!  Comfort me and protect my precious, little ones.  Today could not have been any more emotional.  And, it's a very mixed array of emotions I might add.  Prayers are being answered but not quite as we had hoped.  Confirmations of my worst fears have been overwhelming and even with all that we have....we must wait.  Sit and wait while more opportunity for further harm is upon us.  At this very hour, at this very minute....and I am completely powerless.

I'm leaning on you, Lord!  You are my strength.  In You I trust!  Let the power of prayers rain through this weekend.  Let the power of prayers be ever powerful on Tuesday.  Let the power of prayers protect my sweet babies!

As the storm begins to rage, my blog entries have certainly increased.  And, a dear friend asked this past week what should be a simple question :  "How can we help you?"  Yeah, not so simple really.  The biggest answer here is prayer....continual, constant prayer.  But, this person meant more on the up close and personal level.  And, truth be told....I simply did not know.  I had to put great thought into it.  I continuously try to put one foot in front of the other and keep on living each day in the midst of it all.  I haven't really stopped to think about this and part of that is because I know somewhere within that IF I do stop, those emotions may come as a tidal wave.  Character defect much?

But, what is reality but to realize that eventually that will occur anyway.  See there, I did learn me 'sum' edu-macation huh?  ;)  Yes, throwing in some attempts at humor to take away the surge because it is here.  It's here, not quite in full force but it's here.  So, love me.  That's what you can do.  Love me.  Don't pity me....love me.  Let me feel.  Listen.  Let me kick and scream.  Let me cry.  Let me melt down and be real.  Cry with me.  Let me rejoice in the fact that although we haven't made it to the other side just yet, the truth is slipping out.  Let me fall apart.  Help me back up.  Walk with me.  Love my kiddos.  And, when we do walk to other side, help us all to pick up the pieces and move on.  Love me at my worst so that I can thrive at my best.  For right now I am weak, so very weak and if not for my Savior Jesus Christ....I have no idea how I could travel this road.

Lord, let me be a light for you in it all.  Let me shine your word that says, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxqfDs-64I0  Mercy Me:  The Hurt and the Healer


No comments:

Post a Comment