Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What Prayer Will Do!

I can always tell when my friends have joined together to pray for us.  I know because I feel it....yes, literally.  And, the past two days are fine examples.  I have been free from the heavy burden for these past two days, free from the fears, and free from the concerns of what is to come.  I have been able to focus solely on my precious kiddos.

Today, I was able to sit back and witness the remarkable engineer-like mind of my oldest child as he was completely fascinated by how things work and even more intrigued by the thought of creating new ways to make the same objects work.  I witnessed this same child melt at the sight of animals and quickly fall into a role of caring and healing.  And, more still the mimicking behavior of a hibachi chef as he whipped up a meal for me to feast on and in doing so, never missed a beat of every intricate detail involved in the process.

I was able to witness the meticulous ways of my girl and her systematic way of play that truly gives her great joy.  She maps out everything in her mind and makes it happen from that point.  I was reminded of her passion for animals and the amazing connection she has with them unlike any typical response I see from day to day with other children.  She even allowed her sensitive nature to shine through in the midst of today's activities and in doing so exposed her heart so full of love.

And, I was able to witness my baby so musically inclined get into the groove with the right rhythm and beat.  I watched his cooperative, easy going nature shine while he joyfully explored new adventures.  And, in the midst of these new adventures I could see those little wheels turning in his head as he tried to figure out the details of how each thing functioned.  I was ecstatic to see his ability to express himself without concern of others and his perseverance to sit patiently while working to achieve a task.

Thank you, Lord!  Thank you, friends!  Thank you for the reprieve of all else in the world for these precious moments.  I will joyfully accept any reprieve at anytime.  It reminds me that this is not forever.  Nothing is permanent in this world.  And, it reminds me that THIS is what I am fighting for and they are worth any burden that I must bare.  They bring more joy than words could ever express.  What an amazing gift from God they are and I will continue to do everything in my power to protect them. 

Psalm 150

Praise the Lord.[a]
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
    praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
    praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with timbrel and dancing,
    praise him with the strings and pipe,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
    praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment