Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Arms of God

Today is Sunday and it is unlike many in the past.  Typically on the Sunday prior to a big week like the one I am about to face, Sunday's are trying on the emotions.  Whether that is about the significance of the week about to begin, the nerves at play, the day of rest giving time for such emotions to really show themselves, or some combination....today is different.

Today I feel the arms of God surround me, the love of God fill me, the peace of God taking over me.  Today is good and I thank God for this feeling and this freedom in Him.  This verse has been musically playing in my mind this morning:  

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Where would I be without Him?  It's a question that I simply can not comprehend.  He is all of this and so much more.  He is the reason I can hold my head up in the midst of life's trials and continue to put one foot in front of another.  He is the reason I can rest on this day with peace in my heart.  And, I do so not knowing what this week will hold when huge issues are about to be addressed.

Tomorrow may not be the same, but there is a verse that I find comforting right now which helps me when that faith wavers and those fears try to take hold.


Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment