Monday, April 16, 2012

Wrapping It Up

So, here's hoping to wrap up the last leg of the first part of this journey!  Many things transpired over short periods of time on this last leg.  Many motions were made by the ex.  Some were withdrawn but others were made in their place.  Threats were made.  Threats were followed up on.  In the court room, orders were overlooked, decisions were made in chambers without trials, those with testimony were never brought forward, and my nightmare became reality.


And, to top it all off....in the midst of becoming homeless as a direct result of the threats that were followed up on by the other party, the liberal state in all it's glory says, "I refuse to hear a case on re-location unless a custody eval specifically suggests it."  What were we to do?  Here we have family members that may not live another second....yes, it was that serious and no way to even visit let alone move closer to be with them and have the support that was greatly needed.


You wanna talk about the loneliest moments?  In one sense, yes....these were those moments.  Yet, in another sense that peace, that amazing peace still surrounded me and filled me with the ability to press forward, the ability to know on some level that everything would be okay, and that is most certainly God's awesome love.


When I began pushing my ex for the custody eval, a sudden offer came across the table.  It was one that in essence says, give up the rest of what I want and I'll let you move.  In the twisted, liberal dynamics of the courts....I was told that if I refused such an offer even though I was giving everything else up....it would not fair well in my courts once that homelessness become official.  I had no choice.


And, that is exactly what I did.  I signed those papers 'against my will' if you will....and said my goodbyes to the ones that were still in my support corner and I tell ya....I could not get out of there quick enough!


This trip, this journey with 3 kids, 2 cats, and 2 parental figures along with myself driving for 5 days across the country was far more than a move for me.  It was the beginning of the end and simply a new beginning!  And, throughout it all God was there.  If you have never had the pleasure of driving through multiple states and just gazing at God's beauty, I would strongly encourage it.  It was most certainly everywhere.


And, during those hours even in the midst of being harassed by the other party, the weight began to lift.  The weight of the constant court battles, the constant chasing of documentations, the constant "I don't know's", it was all gone during these days of travel.  I looked forward to the days to come.  I looked forward to what God had in store.  I looked forward to somehow serving Him more through my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment