Saturday, April 21, 2012

Walking Through the Pain

Today, thus far, has been the most painful day I've experienced in quite some time.  Threats have been followed through on and the very sad, unbelievable reality to it all is that there is minimal likelihood that anything will be done about the entire situation.  That's my earthly fear and my earthly experience per the past 2.5 years talking.

My hope is that God will now intervene.  My hope is that God will place his hands on the powers that be and show them the truth and the dangers at play.  My hope is that all matters will quickly resolve at this point.  I have to cling to that at this moment and I have to keep reminding myself of this verse over and over:

"Do not be afraid or discouraged because of what you see before you. For the battle is not yours, but God's." 2 Chronicles 20:15

It's hard to remove that battle from my own hands more so than not, but God's got this!  There is something so much bigger going on than what I can see right now.  That somewhat lightens the pain, but it doesn't take it away.  Holding fast to that faith during the pain?....That's important!

God has never failed me.  This world has, the courts have, attorney's have, people have, that list goes on and on....but not God.  He is my one constant!  Thank you, Lord!  Thank you for carrying me when I simply can not walk.  As my heart is weighted down today and I struggle to breathe, I'm looking to You.


I pray for healing.  I pray for the truth to be revealed to those that must make the ultimate decisions.  And, above all else I pray for Your constant love and protection for my precious, little ones!  Prayer works.  That has been shown to me more times than I am worthy.  The power of prayer is remarkable.  So, if you are reading this right now I ask you to just STOP.  Stop for a moment and pray as I embark on this painful portion of the journey.  God knows all the details!  God is in control!


"Oh LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness & righteousness come to my relief." Psalm 143:1

No comments:

Post a Comment